util-linux

Hi all,

My system can't install new software beause it can't update util-linux.  The
problem is a script called install-info which seems to be trying to install
info. At first it was saying install-info: failed to lock dir for editing!
No such file.  Now I've manually created a /usr/info/dir and it bombs out
with install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! Operation not permitted

HAs anyone any idea how I can get a package installed without install-info?
I have never used info as I prefer using Google and a Web interface.

alternatively, has anyone any thoughts on how to get install-info to simply
force use of the /usr/share/info (Debian default) if some unruly install
script is asking for something else?

-
Best regards,

Patrick Kirk