Perl threading on potato

Hi list,

I'm trying to get perl threading working on our webserver (which runs potato),
but it doesn't exactly go smooth.

I have installed perl-5.005-thread, and this by itself is useable, but
when trying to use Thread; with /usr/bin/perl, Thread can not be found
(duh, it is in i386-linux-thread, and not i386-linux).
The other way around, /usr/bin/perl-thread can't find DBI.pm with
use DBI;, which is quite essential for what we want to do.

I have hackishly tried to just copy modules over from
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux to /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux-thread.
I also tried a quick attempt at recompiling the packages, but
to do this right isn't easy as it seems, I managed to mess up :)

Now I wonder if anyone else tried to get perl threading working in
a useful way (i.e., with the use of other modules).
Is this at all possible ? With standard packages ? On Potato ?

If anyone could help out, I'd be grateful.

Wouter van Heyst