Re: new to the list - XFree86 on Woody problems

Hi

I'm new to the list and am having problems with the XFree86 set up in Woody. I recently upgraded from Potato to Woody and have also grabbed the KDE2.2 packages from Sid but I'm having trouble getting the x-server up and running.

I have been configuring via dpkg-reconfigure x-server-xfree86 this seems to want to put my mouse as /dev/input/mice which is not appropriate for my standard PS/2 microsoft wheelmouse.

I edited XF86Config-4 by hand and the mouse section now reads:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Mouse0"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"	"PS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

You don't want to emulate a third button, you already have 3 buttons. You can also set the zaxis mapping to use the scroll options of your mouse.

any idea what might be causing this?

Rachel

Frank