proper_SCSI_cdrom_Settings_RE:->parity_&_TermPower ???

Greetings !

What are the proper settings for Parity and Term Power on a SCSI cdrom.
There are jumper pins for both on the rear of a the Panasonic I'm trying
to use under 2.4.9.

At simply mounting and accessing the drive for reading a text file, for
example, all seems OK, until.........

After mounting said drive, if I then attempt to do a global search which
includes /cdrom, I get the following:

Process:	scsi_eh_0
	Kernel Panic: killing interrupt handler
	In interrupt handler - not syncing
and, then the system hangs requiring a hard reset.

Thank you for the help,
Courtney

--
Naturity:
	....in contradistinction to the oxymoronic.... humanity,