Re: some questions (after a HD crash)

IBM pc level hardware has always sucked, one of the greatest ironies in the
history of personal computing, which goes to show that making the first of
something doesn't necessarily mean that you've made the best. maxtor drives are
pretty solid and relatively cheap, as are fujitsu drives. but, for ide drives,
i've never found any better than western digital.