Re: two+ kernel compilation questions

I think that the patch is in 2.2.20
Ben Hartshorne wrote:

Hi,
  I have two questions for you regarding debian and kernels.

What's the deal with the X.X.XXpreXX kernels as opposed to the X.X.XX
kernels?  Which one is more recent?  How would I figure that out? (I'm
looking at 2.2.19 and 2.2.19pre17)

Do either of these kernels contain the patch against the local root
exploit mentioned on slashdot on october 19
(http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/10/19/141229&mode=thread)?  How
would I find out?  Where should I get the patch?  What is the debian way
to apply such a patch (patch < my_patch.diff?)?

Thanks,

-ben

--
All the parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.
By all means, do not use a hammer.