Re: X and WindowMaker - Debian Specific??

 --- Adahma <adahma@io.com> wrote: > I have a couple
of questions, some of which may
> relate specifically
> to how Debian handles things...not reallt sure.
>
> Which files do I add items to such as my xterm
> foregound,
> background, font and such to.  I've tried adding to
> ~/.Xresources

View the file /etc/X11/Xsession to make sure it has
the line
USRRESOURCES=$HOME/.Xresources

> but it does not seem to work.  Does rxvt use those
> settings by
> default?
>
> Also, I understand that Debian uses some special way
> of handling
> menus, and I love the fact that when I install
> something I almost
> always end up with it automatically in my
> WindowMaker menus, but I

You can always edit menus using windowmaker gui tool
(the third icon on the right); it will gives error
message ; if so, read it and feed as it requires,
ususlly copy by hand the file
/etc/X11/WindowMaker/plmenu to where it asks..; then
you can always add debian default menu using window
maker gui configuration, menu editor , choose External
menu and feed the path /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook;
this is the auto generated system menu . pls read
/usr/lib/menu of some docs if needed.