Installing XFree86

Hello,

I've got a basic Debian Woody installation on a Pentium III 550 with 196
megs of ram.  I'd like to install the X windowing system.  I've looked over
the packages available with names like x-window-system and
x-window-system-core, and xfree86-common and I have no idea where to start.
None of it seems to match the documentation from www.xfree86.org and I
haven't found Debian specific installation/configuration instructions.

Would someone either post a summary of the steps involved or point me to a
HOW-TO that shows how to install this the debian way?

Thanks,

John Purser