Re: packages - packages list

> > I have installed the base system via floppies ( only option ) and need to install additional "packages" to make "x" work.  When I use "dselect" It is looking for a disk with a "package list".  Where do I find it?
> >
> > I have tried "apt-get" and cannot get it to work on the floppy.
> >
> > I have tried "dpkg-i" and cannot get it to work on a floppy.

Could you post the exact error messages (copy and paste?)?
Although it might be obvious, the way you wrote here dpkg -i makes me
wonder whether in your command line you typed dpkg-i or dpkg -i? Note
there is a white space character in the second dpkg -i.

You might also consider copying the files from the floppy to the disk
in order to get things to run a bit more quickly.