Re: [debian-user] I'm coming on board

on Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 09:28:16AM -0800, lloyder@canada.com (lloyder@canada.com) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to get into Linux/Debian in a big way.  I have decided
> that M$ WinXP is the last straw for my personal computing.
>
> (a) It seems that much of www.debian.org is not responding, so I have
> been using one of the [nation].debian.org sites.  But these do not
> seem to have access to the bugs.

Down at the moment, or was recently.

> (b) I cannot seem to find the FAQ for the various mailing lists, to
> make sure my questions have not been asked 1K times.  Where are they
> located?  The archive and search both seem fairly good.

Tracking from 'Support' through mailing list archives, there's a search
interface.  I generally go through Google myself.

> (c) I am looking for the debian newbie or new user mailing list.  Does one
> not exist?

This is it.

> (d) I am looking for the install tree as it would be on CD(s), as I
> think something in the install documentation is incorrect and I want
> to verify that it is not just at the release/minor that I have from
> last year.  Any help?

What specifically is the problem?  Docs are frequently outdated.  This
is rarely particularly significant.  The installation itself should walk
you through the process adequately.

Peace.