Re: Capturing install screenshots

Try script(1) it records all terminal output to a file.

You will need to "cheat" a little:

First create an extra partition containing script, needed
libraries and space for the script.

Then start the boot floppy.

Kill the install front end

Mount the script partition on /typescript where it won't interfere.

Now start
# script scriptfile
to begin recording all console output.

Then manually start the install front end.

Just before the install reboots, hack the installed
run once script (forgot the name) to run under script too.

A final problem is to get screen shots of the initial screens.
My solution: cheat!  Copy the displayed files from the floppy and
paste them into your document.

Another problem is to convert the script into a series of screen
shots.  Slowly piping the file to an xterm may be a solution.

Hope it works for you (hasn't used script for long myself)

Jakob