[debian-user] I'm coming on board

Hello all,

I am attempting to get into Linux/Debian in a big way.  I have decided
that M$ WinXP is the last straw for my personal computing.

(a) It seems that much of www.debian.org is not responding, so I have
been using one of the [nation].debian.org sites.
But these do not seem to have access to the bugs.

(b) I cannot seem to find the FAQ for the various mailing lists, to make
sure my questions have not been asked 1K times.  Where are they located?  The
archive and search both seem fairly good.

(c) I am looking for the debian newbie or new user mailing list.  Does one
not exist?

(d) I am looking for the install tree as it would be on CD(s), as I think
something in the install documentation is incorrect and I want to verify
that it is not just at the release/minor that I have from last year.  Any
help?

(e) Anyway to automatically have the subject line identify the mailing
list.  A few of my other mailing lists have that, example