Re: something wrong with my fonts

Karsten M. Self wrote:

on Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:03:50PM +0100, Philipp Bliedung (philipp.bliedung@bliedung.de) wrote:

Hi,

Since I fixed my problem with the fonts in RealPlayer 8 I get a different fonts when I start gimp from the xterm then when I start it from the menue (gnome or blackbox). This doesn't apply only to gimp - I get the same effect with gnumeric, gcalc, dia, gnp, etc. .... The menue-bar is just huge when I start it from the menue. When I start it from the xterm everything is just fine.

See for yourself! I attached a little screenshot.

In future, post a URL to a webpage containing an image, if at all
possible.

Looks like you want to modify your font settings under the GNOME Command
Center. This turns up somewhere under the GNOME files, possibly in
   ~/.gnome/theme-switcher-capplet

Drives me nuts, particularly as I don't use GNOME, but do use some GNOME
apps.  I have to shut down WindowMaker, launch a GNOME session, change
settings....

Hmmm...

Try just running:

   gnome-edit-properties-capplet

...and modifying your font under "Themes".

I tried different fonts, different themes und the default font for each theme - then restarted GNOME everytime I changed something - but I still get the same effect. Is this a problem related only to GNOME or why does the same thing also happen in blackbox?

When I start the programs from the xterm - all the different fonts are set. So if I change the size of a certain font in the GNOME Control-Center then the change shows up when I start the program from the xterm - but only then! If I start a program from the GNOME menue (or from the menue in blackbox) I get the same weird fonts as before. It looks like the is always a blank line under everything I can chose from the menue bar and the size is also different (mostly larger than I selected)

What's wrong here?

Thanks,
Philipp

Peace.