Strange problem after reboot

Hi,

After I compiled a 2.4.13 kernel on my potato (with modutils etc. from
Adrian Bunk) everything seemed to be ok. But after a reboot LILO hangs
when loading win98.

boot>2

and that's it.

After a poweroff and after a reboot with kernel 2.218pre21 everything
works fine (i.e. win98 will be loaded). I run both OS on hda. In the
meantime I upgraded to woody but it hasn't changed anything.

Do I have to re-compile the kernel against woody?

What's the problem?

For any suggestions I would be very thankful.

Greetings

Alexander Spengler

eMail ubxv@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de