Startup order (PCMCIA and init 2)

Hi everyone

I have a question about changing the startup order (init 2) of
/etc/init.d/{dhcpcd,pcmcia,ntpdate}. The problem is, the dhcp client
is executed before the PCMCIA stuff loads. So there is no network
connection when ntpdate tries to synchronize the clock. I have to log
in as root and restart dhcpcd manually, then run ntpdate.

What I need is the PCMCIA stuff already started up, this being done,
the DHCP client started up, this being done (it takes a few seconds),
ntpdate. How would I proceed, just rename the links in /etc/rc2.d/?
What could happen when I dist-upgrade the system some day?

My system: PB 3400, potato/PPC, custom kernel 2.2.19, pcmcia 3.1.29
(not potato)

Have a nice day

-Andre

A. B.                                  andre DOT berger AT web DOT de