Re: The linux and Debian operating systems

   Hi Stuart,

  In addition to the helpful advice other people on the list
have already given I'd also say it might be easier for you
to obtain a linuxdistro from a linux-related magazine. There's
quite a few around now in the UK, for instance,

        http://www.linuxuser.co.uk
        http://www.linuxformat.co.uk

  are both available from most newsagents, and usually come
with a CD or two on the cover that often contains a
linuxdistro plus a load of other utilities. The magazines
themselves also contain tutorials + more useful info to get
you started.

   If you don't have a CD-writer and only a slow internet
connection (56k) then this might be the way to go.

   Regards

  Ken

> Hello my name is Stuart,
>
> Today I went to Dixons to ask the how much the new XP operating system
> cost, and after some discussion I was told that I could download an
> free Operating system called Linux.

ps: Dixons recommending Linux ? Wow, I'm impressed :-)

Ken Williams                                      Snr Software Engineer
TECC Ltd                                 Tel:          +44 208 880 4053
Lee Valley Technopark                    Fax:          +44 208 880 4041
Ashley Road                              Email:          ken@tecc.co.uk
LONDON                                   URL:     http://www.tecc.co.uk
N17 9LN

                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"
                                               -- Franklin D. Roosevelt