Returning system to vanilla Woody

Is there any way to downgrade packages to those provided by the archives
in /etc/apt/sources.list?

The reason I'm asking is that I recently added Ximian Gnome to my
sources.list and installed it on my Woody system, but it proving very
unreliable. I suspect this may be because I upgraded a number of packages
to those from Sid in order to install Evolution, and the Ximian packages
are intended to upgrade Potato, so expecting this to work was maybe a bit
much... in particular, I'm getting exactly the same crashes (every time I
try to view an email) as I did with the Evolution from Sid.

What I'd like to do is return my system to vanilla Woody then try adding
Ximian Gnome back in...is this possible or would I have to resort to a
clean install?

--
Geoff Beaumont
Geoff@stormhammer.com