Re: Netgear FA311

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 12:27:31PM -0500, Banshee wrote:
> How do I get the module for debian?  I downloaded a module from
> somewhere that was for 2.2.19-1 and 19-2 but they didn't work.  Right
> now the only thing I can do is get the debian installer for woody
> working, I can't easily install the base system since I don't have it
> on anything like a CD or disks or something like that.  If I did try to
> install it, it would take me a while and I don't really have the time.

Last year, we had to use the 3com card to (1) install and (2) get the
latest source from netgear.com, cuz the stuff on the floppy what came
with the card didn't work.  Only then could we actually make use of the
NetGear.  ptooie.

The natsemi module didn't work for us, either.

Next time we had to buy NIC, we went for D-Link, even with the associated
arguments over the RealTek 8139.

If you've got another system netwise, you might could get the latest
source from their site, compile, and use sneakernet to transport it to
your friend's machine.  The install lets you load outside modules from
floppy.

Donna.
pudge@niestu.com