Mutt tip: dealing with HTML mail

A few lines from my ~/.muttrc to deal with HTML email.

Goals:

  - Identify HTML mail up front.
  - Don't render HTML by default.
  - Provide means to peek at the HTML content if absolutely necessary.

Note that my preferred route is to delete such posts, occasionally
posting a rant to the sender on the use of HTML mail:

    http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Download/rant-o-matic.tar.gz

Anyway, the muttrc settings:

    # File formats
    auto_view application/msword
    auto_view text/html

    #...and preferred order:
    alternative_order text/plain text/html

    # Highlight HTML-encoded messages:
    color index  yellow  black '~h "^Content-Type: text/html$"

I've set my various color settings to always provide a black background.
Normal index messages appear as bolded white, so HTML looks vaguely
pissed upon...appropriate, somehow ;-)

Peace.