Re: The linux and Debian operating systems

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:33:47PM +0100, Tarjei Huse wrote:

> 4. Use a separate harddisk.
> I realy think it's a good idea to try seting up linux with a separate hd the
> first time. (if someone disagrees, I'll listen).

The original poster said that the (big) HD was already partioned, then
I see no reason to not use one ore more of those partions right away.

> For your firsttime setup, i suggest that you try mandrake or redhat. When you
> get used to linux, you'll whant to switch to debian :)

Debian was my first distro. I found the regular installation
instructions sufficient to get a running system. Adding features was,
and still is, a slow but stable process.

So have a look at http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/#new-inst

Hans Ekbrand