Re: Installing source code: debian/rules

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Ingo Hohmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> when compiling a very large program, it would come in handy
> to stop the compiling process, and start it again later.
> The make system should be able to just start again where I
> stopped, but how do I tell debian/rules to not start over
> again at configuring?

debian/rules is just a makefile so you can call targets within it just
like any other makefile.  e.g.

$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

> And, how do I give configure options to debian/rules?

Just edit the file.  Don't forget to change the version number in
debian/control or the next debian update will overrite your changes.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>