Re: [DEB] PAM missing library ???

Noah Meyerhans wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:52:47PM -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> >
> > After several apt-get/dselect sessions, including a successful reboot,
> > I'm getting PAM errors regarding this required and *missing* file:
> >
> >       /lib/security/pam_condev.so
> >
> > Is this file necessary?
>
> no
>
> > >From which package can I get this file?
>
> I don't know if you can.
>
> > What can be done about the syslog messages?
>
> It's probably coming from /etc/pam.d/wdm.  Edit the file and delete the
> lines referring to pam_condev.so.  Not only are they not necessary, but
> the fact that they are there is a bug in the package.  It will, of
> course, be fixed in woody's version (it was a while ago; I'm the wdm
> maintainer).
>
> I've not seen any package other than wdm that refers to the condev pam
> library.

Good idea; but, nogo ;<

/etc/pam.d/wdm -- *does not* exist!

The only file I can find under /etc that includes any reference to
pam_condev.so is:

	cat /etc/pam.d/xdm
	#%PAM-1.0
	auth            required        pam_nologin.so
	auth            required        pam_env.so
	auth            required        pam_unix.so
	account         required        pam_unix.so
	password        required        pam_unix.so
	session         required        pam_unix.so
	session         optional        pam_condev.so

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .