Re: [DEB] PAM missing library ???

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:52:47PM -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> After several apt-get/dselect sessions, including a successful reboot,
> I'm getting PAM errors regarding this required and *missing* file:
>
> 	/lib/security/pam_condev.so
>
> Is this file necessary?

no

> >From which package can I get this file?

I don't know if you can.

> What can be done about the syslog messages?

It's probably coming from /etc/pam.d/wdm.  Edit the file and delete the
lines referring to pam_condev.so.  Not only are they not necessary, but
the fact that they are there is a bug in the package.  It will, of
course, be fixed in woody's version (it was a while ago; I'm the wdm
maintainer).

I've not seen any package other than wdm that refers to the condev pam
library.

noah