Re: Recover installation info ???

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:30:23PM -0600, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> My bad!
>
> Accidentally -- yes, stupidly -- I deleted *all* files from:
>
> 	/var/lib/dpkg/info
>
> How can I re-build this information?

Do you still have /var/lib/dpkg/status? If so, you can extract (using
dpkg --get-selections or whatever) the list of packages you have
installed, and reinstall the lot. 'apt-get --reinstall install
<package>' is probably the quickest way to do that.

Keep a backup of /etc just in case, but I *think* dpkg should still
honour the conffile information in /var/lib/dpkg/status.