Re: OT: Bootdisk that hands over to boot from CD?

High,

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Ingo Hohmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> my system _should_ be able to boot from CD, but right now
> it doesn't, so I wondered if someone knows about an image
> of a diskette, that just hands the bootprocess over to the
> CD, when booted into. (I'd just use it as a boot image for
> grub, that should work ;-)

it is not exactly the same but you could make a special msdos bootdisk (or
just use a win9x-bootdisk) to mount your cdrom and use loadlin.exe to
launch the kernel.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98