Re: (OT) I am offended by the wording

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 03:15:43PM +0530, shyamk@eth.net wrote:
> Dear Osamu,
>   I was offended by several of your usages like :
> "Judging from your question... Not for you." , etc.
> I have done OS - installations before (including dual-boots) .
> I also know that there is a very high probability for data loss .

I concur with Nathan that you need a much thicker skin. Also, I would
have replied in exactly the same way to a questioner wanting to be "100%
certain that no data loss will ever occur", and would have concluded
that the person asking the question needed to do more reading. Asking
for help on reliability is one thing, but I think most people who were
already proficient wouldn't expect 100% certainty to be possible.