Re: Linux RAM drive support/performance

You mention heavy activity and drive fatigue--is your system thrashing?
Maybe it doesn't have enough physical memory to begin with.

If that's not the problem and you just really have an incredibly
disk-intensive application, you might consider a solid state disk if it's
really that important. You can buy them with IDE or SCSI interface, so they
look and act like regular hard drives.