Re: PCMCIA -- Unstable -- Kernel 2.4.12

Hi

> Wow, Tom is right but kernel recompile is the more painful way.  I have
> gone through this pain of upgrading for my i486DX2 gateway.

Why compiling kernel is painful???? I belive he have relatively new laptop
with strong CPU a lot of ram, Hardware shoud not be a problem,
any way if u have slow pc u can always use other stronger (other desktop,
ya friends pc etc) to make a kernel and modules and install it on ya pc.
Knowledge? hmmm that can be a problem, but I believe most of ppl
if not all use linux have to learn new stuff, well then this shoud not
be a big problem......