Re: network, ifconfig, symbol link to network

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:02:34PM +0200, Christian Eckert wrote:
| Thanks for your help
|
| I will follow the proposals given to to by this list.
| But nevertheless as described in
| http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/network-administrator/ch-tcpip.html
| the configuration-file should be 'network'. CIIW
| May be that this doc isn't up to date anymore.

IIRC, slink (Debian 2.1) had a different organization for networking
setup and had a single script called "network".  I took a brief look
at the document, and while it says "25 October 2001" at the bottom it
also mentions /etc/conf.modules.  That file was renamed
/etc/modules.conf quite a while ago.

-D