Re: Some routing advice (connecting through SSH)

Hi,

I need a bit more info. to start thinking about your question.

How do you connect from H to R?  Through the Internet?  If so, does your
Internet connection (that you use to connect H to the Internet) have a
static IP address or a dynamic one?  Is is "permanent" (DSL, Frame Relay,
ATM etc.) or dialup (PSTN, ISDN etc.)?

Another point:  It seems to me as if you'll be trying to use a
server hosted at an ISP as a masquerading gateway for your home LAN.  You
may well be able to do it, and the ISP may well not catch you at it,
for a while anyway, but if the ISP sees this as violating the service
agreement they have with whoever they're hosting the server for (you?) and
they do find out, you are in for trouble.  The traffic won't be difficult
to spot; servers are expected to be serving out a lot of stuff, not to
have a lot of incoming traffic.

Best regards,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus