Re: diamond viper 770

Gert-Jan wrote:
Hi there

what's all this stuff about xfree86 and xf86setup?? What are these? I

see http://www.xfree86.org/ for info on XFree86.

think it's some kind of program that takes care of the video cards in linux. Does debian contain this program ass well? I heard that suse uses something else named

SuSE X-Server or something. In the drivers list on your site there is a list of video cards supported by xfree86. my diamond viper 770 doens't appear in that list.

but it is not a very new card so i think it should be supported by debian...

bye, GJ

I have Diamond Viper 770 and use XFree86 4.1.0 installed from debian packages. I normally use the SVGA X-server. Although the Viper 770 isn't listed in the supported video cards, is build around the nVidia TNT2 and XFree86 has drivers for it.

--
Jerome