Bad memory?

Hey,

I was trying to compile gaim last night, but gcc keeps dying of signal 11,
here's the output:

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
make[2]: *** [autorecon.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gaim-0.46/plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gaim-0.46'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've heard that signal 11 is only caused by bad ram, so I installed memtest86
on my computer, and after about an hour, my RAM passed all the tests.  Could
it still be bad (It's worked fine for years), or is something else the problem?

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson