Re: [DEB] Re: Debian S-L-O-W Upgrading

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:39:59PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> > I just know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but...

<snip>

> > But... it's like a year behind every other distro out there. As an
> > example, I checked testing and unstable to see the latest version of
> > PostgreSQL offered, and it looks like it's 6.5.3. PostgreSQL 7.X was a
> > major update, and has been out for a while.
>
> testing and unstable have 7.1.3, so I don't know what you looked
> up.

Well, I can't find them, so I must be looking in the wrong place. My
sources.list file points to:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

When apt-get couldn't find postgresql, I went and browsed in that area
under devel, doc, libs and misc in main, contrib and non-free, and I
couldn't find any postgresql anywhere.

A cursory check of the U.S. ftp site that's linked to on the Debian home
page likewise turns up no mention of postgresql.

If you can point me to a different place, or if I'm doing something
wrong, please let me know. I'd love to pick up the newest PostgreSQL.

Paul