timeoutd and long usernames

I've decided to enforce idle timeouts on one of my servers and, to
implement this, I've installed timeoutd on it.  Unfortunately, it
seems that timeoutd doesn't like usernames in excess of 8 characters.

Is there an available patch to work around this problem?  Or maybe an
alternate program to provide this functionality that doesn't have
problems with long usernames?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery