Re: Help needed getting mail working.

Kurt Lieber <kurt@lieber.org> wrote:

> By default (at least on Woody) exim puts mail in /var/mail/<username>
> (note  the absence of /spool/)

I'm running testing, and I have both - /var/mail/$USER and
/var/spool/mail/$USER. Why is this? The file sizes are equal, so
they appear to be identical twins. Any ideas why there's two places
for mail? This, of course, isn't really a problem - I'm just curious
why the mail spool is located in two places.

I use fetchmail to fetch and Exim to handle the mail, as well.

--
Jussi Ekholm,		    "Everything is so fine it could be
little, ill flower   	     don't let your mind take you in misery