Re: Help needed getting mail working.

I think I saw an error on bootup about these, a friend suggested it may be a
permission
problem on the directory.

Should I do a chmod on it? If so, what numbers should I give it?

--
Stuart

"Michael C. Alonzo" <mikhz@pacific.net.ph> on 19/10/2001 15:58:57

To:   debian-user@lists.debian.org
cc:    (bcc: Stuart Luscombe/COSS/CCenter)

Subject:  Re: Help needed getting mail working.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:19:51PM +0100, Stuart_Luscombe@computacenter.com
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>      I am running debian sid, and have fetchmail and exim installed.
>
> I collected my mail from an ISP's pop server using fetchmail, and it runs
> through
> and collects it OK, but then the mail seems to just vanish, as when I run
mutt,
> all I get
> is '/var/spool/mail/stuart file not found'.... so where is my mail going???
>
> I've asked a few people to look at this, but I've not had any luck so far.
>
> Has anyone got any ideas??
>
> --
> Stuart

> the system manager.

> www.mimesweeper.com

exim automatically creates /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME.  did you configure
exim? u have to choose option #2 there..

--
"When you have eliminated the impossible,
whatever remains, however improbable,