Re: standard user cannot access mounted drive

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 12:33:47PM +0000, Stuart Luscombe wrote:
> I have just installed wine to get some of my old Windoze apps running.
> I have a fat32 partition on another drive, so I mounted it on with
> 'mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt -t vfat'. It mounts OK and I can access the
> files, but only root can seem to save to it, I need my standard user
> to be able to save to it to install software via wine.

Use the uid=<youruserid>, gid=<yourgroupid>, and umask=<preferredumask>
mount options to cause files on that filesystem to be owned by the right
user and group and have the right permissions. See the mount(8) man page
under "Mount options for fat".

Cheers,