Re:problems installing 2.4 kernel (2)

Thanks to nate and jerome.

I followed your suggestions and have
another problem.

When I:

  apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.9-386

I get the following (I haven't include
the whole text)

  Sorry but the following packages have unmet
dependencies:

  kernel-image-2.4.9-386: Depends : initrd-tools
(0>=0.1.6) but it is not going to be installed
  E:Sorry, broken packages

I searched around the list a little and found
someone with a similar problem who was told to
create a file /etc/kernel-img.conf and add the
line

  do_initrd = Yes

I did this and apt-get install kernel-image...
still gave the same error message.

Can anyone help with this problem - trouble shooting
suggestions also welcome. Sorry to be a pain but I'm
at a bit of a loss.

T:Irvine

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.