Re: How to set system-wide PATH

> Does anybody know how to set default sytem-wide PATH? After installing
> Apache, I'd like to add /usr/local/apache/bin to the system path. I don't
> want to do it in the .bash_profile, because that only works after a shell
> session is started.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> joe
>
> P.S. I'm also sending this message to debain-isp because debian-user seems
> to have some problem. My last message never showed up on the mailing list
> website.

[02:11:35 tmp]$ cat /etc/profile
# /etc/profile: system-wide .profile file for the Bourne shell (sh(1))
# and Bourne compatible shells (bash(1), ksh(1), ash(1), ...).

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games"

if [ "$BASH" ]; then
  PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ '
else
  if [ "`id -u`" -eq 0 ]; then
    PS1='# '
  else
    PS1='$ '
  fi
fi

export PATH PS1

umask 022
[02:11:38 tmp]$

--
When responding, please quote my entire message.

    Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>