Re: How to set system-wide PATH

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Joe Hu wrote:

> Does anybody know how to set default sytem-wide PATH? After installing
> Apache, I'd like to add /usr/local/apache/bin to the system path. I don't
> want to do it in the .bash_profile, because that only works after a shell
> session is started.

$ man bash
# see section INVOCATION for details

But for startup scripts etc., you might want to give it the absolute path
in the script for security reasons. For interactive sessions, /etc/profile
is your friend.

> P.S. I'm also sending this message to debain-isp because debian-user seems
> to have some problem. My last message never showed up on the mailing list
> website.

It takes some time until mails appear on the mailing list archives!

regards

Alex

--
People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's
about doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it