Re: Woody & Gnome problems

Dear friends,

sorry to have bothered you but I found that something was wrong just
wit the /tmp directory which turned out to be owned by root only as rw
while other users were only allowed to read.  I've fixed this
ownership and now Gnome works.

Why this happened I don't know exactly. Perhaps it was due to the fact
that I copied a working woody installation from my laptop to a
different partition of my desktop through the command "cp -a .......".

Ciao
Vittorio