Help to configure rtnet under debian.

Hello.

I use debian 2.2r3 with kernel linux 2.2.16 from kernel.org. I've
installed rtai-1.6 with rtnet-0.9.1, 2 cards 3COM 590C and a coaxial
cable. My normal network works but when ifdown eth1(3com) and rtifconfig
eth1 up .... with 3c59x_rt_old on wallace or gromit my ifconfig
always displays eth1. Then, in half-rt network , there is an error after ping:

eth1: too much work in interrup, status e011. Temporarily disabling functions (7fee).

I thinks it's because of bad configuration because ifconfig always
displays eth1 (conflict). But, there is only 3c59x_rt_old after
boot (eth1 is down and  3c59x is not loaded).

Can you tell me if there a option kernel to modify or another file
under debian to edit to debug this problem.

Thanks.
Bruno.

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp