Re: Star Office 6

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 08:35:51PM +0300, Tommi Komulainen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 06:11:08AM -0700, sheine wrote:
> > I have downloaded all the files for Star Office 6, but haven't the
> > slightest idea of how to install them. The guide describes a method that
> > relates to the CD version. All the files are of the form *.bin. Does
> > anybody know what to do next?
>
> Just a thought, you weren't planning to do anything productive with, or
> did you?  If you did, guess you'd better reconsider:
>
> 3.0 LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
> [...]
> 3.4 Licensee shall have no right to use the Licensed Software for
> productive or commercial use.
>
> You did read the license agreement of course, right? :)
>
> I think I prefer OpenOffice, if I really *really* need to edit Word
> documents...

there's a difference between 'lack of right to...' and 'prohibited
from...'

i don't "have a right" to borrow your lawn mower. i may use up
all your gas, or i may perform some claen-up and maintenance on
it, and return it with a full tank and fresh oil -- but i still
don't "have the right". nor am i forbidden, until you say i am.

the agreement doesn't say "MUST NOT use Licensed Software for
productive or commercial use". it says "shall have no right to".

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #14 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: