Re: Woody Killed PCMCIA

>>>>> "Doc" == "Doc  <- KD4E" <e.net@verizon.net>> writes:

Hubert> If you upgraded to woody, it should have downloaded the new
Hubert> pcmcia-modules package, so you shouldn't need to copy anything.
Hubert> You can check in /lib/modules/<version> (where <version> is the
Hubert> output of "uname -r").  There should be a pcmcia directory in
Hubert> there.

Doc> /lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/ has a bunch of modules, including the
Doc> one I need "3c589_cs.o" but 2.2.18 is the old kernel -- I upgraded
Doc> to Woody which I imagine is 2.4.10 or something from Testing.

Upgrading to Woody should not install a new kernel for you, unless you
specifically request it to.  What does "uname -r" say?  That will tell
you what kernel version you have.

If you do have a new kernel, you should install the
pcmcia-modules-<version> package too.

[...]

Hubert> "cardctl insert" should work.  Or you may need to reboot (I
Hubert> doubt it).  Make a note of any error messages when you do
Hubert> "cardctl insert".

Doc> "no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices"

How did you get "cardctl ident" to give you output last time?  Doing the
same thing should help.

--
|  /   --+--
| /   ___|___    Hubert Chan <hackerhue@geek.com>
|__|  |__|__|    Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and