Re: Woody Killed PCMCIA

> If you upgraded to woody, it should have downloaded the new
> pcmcia-modules package, so you shouldn't need to copy anything.
> You can check in /lib/modules/<version> (where <version> is the output
> of "uname -r").  There should be a pcmcia directory in there.

/lib/modules/2.2.18/pcmcia/  has a bunch of modules, including the one
I need "3c589_cs.o" but 2.2.18 is the old kernel -- I upgraded to
Woody which I imagine is 2.4.10 or something from Testing.

Did the Woody upgrade not take completely?

> Doc> I did the "cardctl ident" thing and edited /etc/pcmcia/config
> Doc> card "3C589", "TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a", "000002"
> Doc> manfid: 0x0101
> Doc> function: 6 (network)
> If that is the output of "cardctl ident", then I believe that the lines
> you want to add to /etc/pcmcia/config are (following the pattern of the
> other lines):
> card "TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a"
>   version "3C589", "TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a", "000002"
>   manfid 0x0101
>   bind "3c589_cs"
> The version and manfid lines may be optional, but they probably won't
> hurt.

Done.

> "cardctl insert" should work.  Or you may need to reboot (I doubt it).
> Make a note of any error messages when you do "cardctl insert".
> Hubert Chan <hackerhue@geek.com>

"no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices"

What should I learn from this, please?

Thanks!  Doc