Re: framebuffer bootup question [SOLVED]

Stephen Gran wrote:

> Thus spake Viktor Rosenfeld:
> > Should have digged further!
> >
> > In linux/drivers/video/modedb.c there is an array of struct fb_videomode
> > which lists the video modes that are supported by tdfx through modedb.
> >
> > Luckily 1024x768@100 is compiled right in and works beautifully, too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Viktor
>
> I was looking at that yesterday, but I didn't see exactly how to pass it
> to lilo to make it happen at boot time.  How did you get it to work?
> Steve

Okay, the arguement that needs to be passed to the kernel is

where XXXXXX is the name of your fb driver (tdfx if it's a Voodoo), and
stuff in brackets is optional.  So with LILO, you would need a line like

	append="video=tdfx:1024x768@100"

I use grub, so I just specify that argument (without the append) to the
kernel command line.

Cheers,
Viktor
--