Re: 2.4.9 hanging on laptop

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:02:44PM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:
| I have the vanilla kernel 2.2.18pre21 image running fine on a WinBook XL
| laptop.
|
| I tried compiling kernel 2.4.9 from source but seem to have screwed
| something up - the system appears to boot okay and ends up at the login
| prompt, but the keyboard is completely unresponsive. gpm starts up but
| there's no response from the mouse either.

What kind of keyboard and mouse?

If they are USB then you need to enable the 'hid' and 'usbkeybd' and
'usbmouse' support.  If they are PS/2 you need to enable the PS/2
support.  I'd start by double checking these settings in your custom
kernel.  Another thing to try is to install the pre-packaged 2.4
kernel and see if it works at all.  If it does, then you know it is
your config that is incorrect.  Then you can compare and see where
they differ (that is relevant).

HTH,
-D