Re: font problem in kde

Quoth Tom Allison,
> > 	I'm experiencing a weird problem in kde:
> > 	- when using kde wm, I can't access all fonts available in my
> > system; it defaults to a very ugly and almost unreadable font (Arnold
> > Boecklin).
> > 	- when using another window manager, like wmaker, I launch kde
> > control center, choose the appropriate font (arial), apply it, the
> > control center window gets redrawn with the chosen font and every kde
> > app that I launch will have the right font (arial, courier, whatever).
> > 	Any hint on why this is happening?
> > 	How to find the culprit?
> >

> I have a similar situation where my Fixed Width fonts are defaulting to an
> Agate 8 -- which is a hideously difficult to read font similar to an Olde
> English type.  It might be nice someplaces, but not on my terminal windows.

Turn off anti-aliasing from the control panel thingy. Most of the fonts
you usually use can't be anti-aliased, and so all you're left with are a
few that can.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

I go, and it is done; the bell invites me.
Hear it not, Duncan; for it is a knell
That summons thee to heaven or to hell.
  -- Macbeth