Re: Network: how can I set up remote printing (sid/lpr)

Thank you.

I was able to get remote printing to work.  The printer is an HP Laserjet attached to one machine's printer port.  I had to create an /etc/hosts.lpd file; listing the hosts in hosts.equiv didn't work, contrary to the Printing HOWTO.

I may take you up on the offer to help install cups.  I like the simple approach, however; and besides, isn't cups proprietary?

Alan

, , On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:49:33 -0400