Re: host name in e-mails reply-to field in mutt

* Nicolau Werneck (nwerneck@yahoo.com.br) [011017 10:01]:
> hello...
>
> I read my e-mails in an acount at yahoo, using mutt,
> and access it via a dial-in ISP.  Every now and then,
> my e-mails are rejected because the adderess
> "nwerneck@aquarius" doen't exist.
>
> "aquarius" is the hostname I've defined on my computer
> somewhere installing some software.
>
> I've managed to make mutt use the "yahoo.com.br"
> hostname when I'm replying to e-mails I get from the
> yahoo pop server. But I can't find where to tell it
> that the hostname should be "yahoo.com.br" also on
> e-mails I send from my machine. What sould I do to get
> this thing working?

Others have suggested things to do to mutt; this can be a "good-enough"
solution. What is your MTA? Exim? Maybe you just need to add a line to
/etc/email-addresses to make it do the Right Thing and rewrite your
addresses for you on the way out.

> I've losted a date with the girl of my dreams because
> of this, please help me! :)

Ah, just call her up and tell her that; she'll take you back. (but what
do I know?)

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.